If you are having trouble dealing with an error, please let us know on the Discord.
- Snapshot or WAL directory don't exist, there is nothing to recover. For more details, visit: memgr.ph/durability.
- No snapshot or WAL file found. For more details, visit: memgr.ph/durability.
- Couldn't get WAL file info from the WAL directory. For more details, visit: memgr.ph/durability.
There are two options:
- The files are missing because Docker doesn't store them.
- Memgraph is looking in the wrong directory.
It's possible that your Docker containers don’t persist data by default (all
changes are lost when the container is stopped). You need to use local volumes
to store the data permanently which is why Memgraph is started with the
docker run -p 7687:7687 -v mg_lib:/var/lib/memgraph memgraph/memgraph
More information on Docker Volumes can be found here (opens in a new tab).
Make sure that Memgraph is searching for the snapshot files in the right
directory. The Memgraph configuration is available in
/etc/memgraph/memgraph.conf and you can specify the directory with the
--data-directory flag. If the configuration file is altered, Memgraph needs to
be restarted. The default directory is
/var/lib/memgraph. To learn about all
the configuration options, check out the reference
If you weren't able to find the error, please submit it through a Support Ticket so we can look into it and get back to you.