The Memgraph App Challenge - Stream, Graph & Build
Keep Rockin’ & Start Coding! Register for the Challenge
Do you have what it takes to change the world of graphs! Or at least the Memgraph ecosystem? 😎 Use your creativity, expert knowledge, and coding skills to explore the exciting world of graph analytics while also gaining precious experience and maybe even winning a sweet prize.
Yep, you probably guessed it already. Memgraph is proud to present the first instance of the Memgraph App Challenge, an online hackathon meant to promote graph-related technologies and the Memgraph Ecosystem.
The point of the App Challenge is to implement anything that adds value to the world of graphs and uses Memgraph! It could be a:
- web application,
- graph algorithm or utility procedure in MAGE
- Python script/Jupyter Notebook for data analysis
- Memgraph driver or tool
- integration with a graph library or other technologies
- something new and fresh we didn't even mention!
There are so many options. You can choose something you're good at and start working on it right now. There is also enough time for you to try out something new. You can browse through the examples below to get inspired.
What does it take?
- The programming language isn’t defined, but we do recommend Python.
- Use whatever tools & technologies you think are necessary, but don’t forget that Memgraph should be at the forefront.
- The code needs to be publicly accessible on GitHub under the MIT Licence.
- Lone wolf or strong pack? It doesn’t matter. You can enter the Challenge either as an individual or as a team.
- A short video (around 5 minutes) that describes the idea and solution.
Tips and Tricks
- If you create an app, it doesn’t have to be deployed, but it could help you stand out.
- It’s always a good idea to research available tools like GQLAlchemy, MAGE, or the Starter Kit.
- The Memgraph Documentation has a lot of interesting resources that could help you.
We have prepared a few enticing prizes for our brave contestants:
- 1st place: $2,000
- 2nd place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $500
We also prepared special Memgraph Swag Boxes for a limited number of participants.
Your solution will be judged on the following criteria:
- Quality of the idea (includes creativity and originality of the idea)
- Feasibility of the solution (includes how practical and reusable the implementation is on a larger scale)
- The complexity of the implementation (includes how well the idea was executed by the developer)
Register for the Challenge
Visit the App Challenge Website and register before it's too late! Once you register, you have until December 31st to submit your solution.