Hacktoberfest 2021 - Join the Festivities!
The annual Hacktoberfest is underway! We may be a bit late in joining the festivities because of our Memgraph 2.0 launch, but we are very much committed to furthering the open-source spirit and contributing to such noteworthy efforts.
For those who are not familiar with the concept, the basic idea is:
- Register on the Hacktoberfest website.
- Open 4 pull requests during October 2021 in repositories with the tag
- If successful and the PRs are merged, you can choose between planting a tree or receiving some swag!
What's more, you can also fix any bugs or provide better implementations for certain features! Feel free to inform the community by filling an issue and start hacking! If you're new to contributing code, you can always ask for help on our Discord server.
Memgraph has repositories with different programming languages and technology stacks, so find what works for you and start coding there:
- MAGE - an open-source graph algorithm library with algorithms written in C/C++/Python/Rust.
- Memgraph - the Memgraph core repository for C/C++ wizards.
- GQLAlchemy - a library developed to assist in writing and running queries on Memgraph written in Python.
If you want to contribute to any other of our repositories, just follow the same principle and open an issue. We will handle the rest.
What can you do to participate?
- Read the Contribution Guidelines in the selected repo.
- Open an issue (for big ideas you may want the community to know) or comment on the Hacktoberfest 2021 issue for your new implementations, fixes, or functionalities.
- Start hacking!
- Open a pull request for your contribution.
- Wait until your pull requests get reviewed or merged! In the meantime, you can review someone else's pull requests too.
- Join our Discord server to get started. It's definitely easier with the help of the Memgraph engineering team or other community members.
- As part of the event, we would like to invite everyone to adhere to Hacktoberfest's values and our Code of Conduct.
- Please observe Hacktoberfest's rules, terms, and FAQ. If a pull request is
spamit would not be counted, and the person may be disqualified from the event.
- Hacktoberfest 2021 is an event presented by DigitalOcean, Intel, appwrite, and deepsource.