The Memgraph database engine team is responsible for building the core database engine behind Memgraph. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms with a strong focus on graphs, networking, query optimization, and execution. Memgraph provides the unique benefit of building high-performance systems software in a rapid production environment with a small, dedicated and collaborative team.
As an engineer on the Core team, you will develop the core database engine behind Memgraph. This includes overseeing the direction, design and development of key features, and continuously improving the core of the graph database. In this position, you will be empowered to leverage your technical, leadership, and business acumen.
- BSc college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proficiency in C++, with a fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Proficiency in algorithms and data structures.
- Mathematical reasoning and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of the standard library and STL containers.
- Experience developing and debugging in Linux system level C/C++.
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments.
- Familiarity with the latest C++ standards and templating in C++.
- Always strives to expand their knowledge.
- Deal well with challenging problems; ability to think abstractly.
- An uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems.
- Being comfortable with working in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Experience in building database management systems.
- Experience with lock-free programming and lock-free data structures.
- Experience with building interpreters and compilers.
- Experience with building high-performance networking applications.
- Experience with template metaprogramming.
- Experience in distributed computing.
- Previous experience in mentoring other engineers who are eager to learn from you.
Why You’ll Love Working at Memgraph
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
- Free gym membership (Multisport).
- Flexible schedule arrangements.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with the world’s top organizations.
- You’ll be part of a tightly-knit team of brilliant and friendly individuals.
- You’ll experience the exciting opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing early-stage startup.
- We will help you develop your personal and professional skills.